- No nudity. This includes wearing proper undergarments. If you’re not sure if your costume accomplishes that, please email the Costume/Cosplay staff. RCCC reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate for the show’s audience.
- Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed. Rose City Comic Con cannot be responsible for damage incurred to your costume during the convention, and the staff reserves the right to ask you to change if your outfit is not acceptable.
- No signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched are allowed. We know some of you like hugs, but please don’t carry around a sign saying so.
- Wear protective footwear at all times. This means some sort of hard sole--a unitard or stocking feet are not sufficient. We know a lot of characters like to run around barefoot, but since they are fictional, they don’t have to worry about tetanus. If you’re not within guidelines, you will be asked to shoe up.
- Uniforms are great! Some of the coolest outfits are uniforms. But if you intend to wear a uniform that looks super-realistic, please distinguish that it is a costume. If your costume could lead to you being confused with local law enforcement, please don’t wear it.
- Hateful symbols aren’t welcome at Rose City Comic Con. Historical costumes can be great, but reminders of unspeakable atrocities are not appropriate.
- Prop weapons are allowed if they meet certain criteria. Please view our weapons policy to make sure any prop weapons that go with your costume are in compliance.
We hope you’ll consider participating in our costume contest this year! You can find contest-specific guidelines on our Costume Contest Rules page.