These rules have been created to provide a safe, organized, memorable, and fun contest experience for all involved:
- No nudity. RCCC reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate for the Show’s audience.
- No profanity, political or religious statements are allowed on stage including messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- Costumes cannot promote any particular political agenda or message.
- Costumes cannot endorse any form of real hate group.
- Costumes cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about RCCC or its products, or other people, products or companies.
- Costume cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
- Visible convention passes and peace bonding will not be required during the evening contest when you go on stage, but should be worn at all other times while inside the Convention Center as well as to and from the preliminary judging area.
- Contestants are responsible for their own belongings. We are unable to provide a secure area for personal items. We recommend bringing an assistant to help with belongings.
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
- Convention personnel, fellow contestants, and attendees should be treated with respect and courtesy. Participation in the contest may be denied at the discretion of our Costume Department if your treatment of others is deemed inappropriate in any way.
- Wings, large props or large costumes are fine, but if your costume is over 8 feet tall or over 3 feet wide you may not fit through the doors. If possible, make wings and other oversized parts detachable. We have no limit on the size of costumes or props, but ask that you be safe and aware while on stage. You will be responsible for ALL damage to the stage, lighting, technology, or convention property.
- Your costume must allow movement with limited assistance.
- Your costume must not impede your ability to get on and off stage. Furthermore, your costume cannot be built on stage.
- Any prize won by an eligible entrant who is a minor will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return any required documents. Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
When in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask! Direct additional questions to email@example.com
Limitations of Liability: RCCC is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Release: By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (if any), and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents; from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.