Do not bring real swords, guns, or any type of authentic weapon to the show–only props are allowed! Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume as long as they are in compliance with the following rules:
- No projectile weapons (including but not limited to airsoft or paintball weapons) will be allowed!
- Weapons with a metal blade, regardless if it is dull or sharp, are prohibited!
- Metal weapons (with or without sharp edges) are not permitted. Prop weapons should be made of lightweight materials such as foam, cardboard, or plastic.
- All prop firearms must have an orange cap on the barrel.
- Weapons which are capable of firing (Nerf guns, bows, etc) must be rendered inoperable. Projectiles are forbidden.
- Do not brandish weapons or props in a threatening manner. Be aware of how security personnel may interpret your actions.
- Keep weapons in convention areas. If you leave the convention premises, please put away any weaponry–even if it clearly looks fake.
- Any prohibited weapons purchased or won as prizes at Rose City Comic Con must be securely packaged and immediately removed from the convention center.
- Weapons must be stored in attendees’ hotel rooms, vehicles etc. and are not to be taken out of their packaging or wrapping at any time on convention premises.